The Staff Account is responsible for the day-to-day duties of bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and budgeting. The position requires experience with each of those areas and the capacity to align transactions within a given budget and be able to report effectively on the financial status of the organization.
- Gathering and analyzing financial information for internal use.
- Prepare and review journal entries.
- Monthly/Quarterly client advisory account billing.
- Process payroll (including preparation of quarterly 941's, annual W-2s, W-3s, 940s and 1099s, TWC quarterly filing).
- Account and Bank reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions.
- Manage the month-end closing process and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Prepare and review financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts, identifying and resolving any discrepancies.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly/annual budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, and financial commitments incurred to predict future cash flows and expenditures.
- Assist with the financial planning of the firm by analyzing its performance and risks.
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, ensuring timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable.
- Process and ensure proper coding of payables, print checks, and prepare digital and paper financial packets.
- Assist with external annual audit process, including the preparation of schedules and supporting documentation.
- Assist with Tax Filings and Payments
- HR/Benefits tracking and assisting with renewals.
- 3 -5 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, accounting, finance, or related experience.
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Reliable, follows through on commitments, and does not shrink from new challenges.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in using Intuit QuickBooks.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high-quality work.
- Exhibits a desire to exceed expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.